Career Goals Questionnaire
In order to be realistic about your career goals, you need to know yourself and ask yourself the following questions and explain why:
1. What am I passionate about in terms of my work life?
2. Am I happy with the $$ I am making right now?
3. Do I enjoy my current job? If so what are my strengths? What do I need to work on?
4. What field/industry of work am I interested in? If the same as the field/industry you are in, go to Question 5.
5. Do I want a new job or a promotion in my current organization?
6. What barriers are preventing me from doing the job I want?
7. What type of changes are needed for me to be happy at work right now?
8. Is getting a promotion or a new job a realistic goal for me at this time? If not now, when?
9. What changes are necessary for me to make a change? Should I obtain additional training? Do I need other credentials, certifications?
10. Where do you see yourself in the next 2-5 years?